New Frontier


As my little one explores more creative pursuits, I am also thinking about my own art, and its place in my life. For a while, it's been way down on the list of priorities even though it is very important to me. I'm hoping to take some time in the next few months to spend more time exploring, as my little one is doing. I've been taking it real slow this week trying to get myself in the right frame of mind for creating in that way again. I'm also hoping to find more fun activities for Oona and I to explore together. As she gets older, I feel more weight of the responsibility to help her learn, and sometimes I feel very ill equipped. But, we are learning about this parenting/ growing thing together. It's wonderful, but also difficult. If anyone has any suggestions for good toddler learning/ parenting books, please let me know. I think a trip to the local library is needed as fresh ideas and reinforcement would be helpful right about now.

Comments

Jenna said…
First off, the baby looks very cute in her cupcake top from Crazy 8. I'll ask Rachel if she has any suggestions and get back to you. Btw- looks like we will be home for Easter!!!!
Anonymous said…
wait a minute there...it appears you put Oona's leg on backwards. Has it slowed her down at all? Also, I think there's a book, Mother's Almanac, somewhere in your bookcases,that may soon be helpful.
Jenna said…
Okay I just emailed you some suggestions for my cousin's wife.

hope to talk to you soon!!!
Bonnie Wildwood said…
Jenna, thanks for the suggestions! We'll have to make time to see each other around Easter! Look forward to it!

Mom, I have to find that book. It has disappeared somewhere in the depths of this house.
Karen said…
I recommend any book on Waldorf parenting, and of course Maria Montessori's The Absorbent Mind/Secret of Childhood!

Popular Posts