Crochet Easter Baskets




I know I've said so before, but the crochet bug has hit me hard this winter. My mom and I found a great stash of this really nice bulky wool rug yarn while shopping last year, and we've been searching for the perfect projects for this beautiful yarn.  I decided to indulge in basket making... I'm thinking these will have to be new Easter baskets for "the girls". I love saying that ("the girls", that is)! Of course, the baby won't even be born yet, but I think it's best to get a little ahead of myself as crafting time is surely to slow down with two little ones. Actually, I was intending to make baskets to sell, but when I saw how they came out, I couldn't part with them. 

I had made Oona this fabric Easter basket for her first Easter, but now that she's older, I realize that a kids Easter basket really needs to have a handle for carrying around your Easter loot and for Easter egg hunts. The tie basket was just too floppy to add handles, so perhaps Mama and Dada will share the fabric one, and "the girls" (hehe) will have the rainbow crochet ones. 


I can't believe Easter is so early this year! Sheesh! Time is flyin'!

Comments

Popular Posts