Stitch Sampler Easter Egg Photo Frame

This is a little bit of a spoiler for family who might be reading, but I wanted to share these Easter egg photo frames in case someone else is looking for an easy Easter project for friends and family. I cut out felt Easter eggs and used various machine stitches in a rainbow of colors to make the designs. If you're only making one or two, it could also be a good project to practice hand embroidery.

You can attach the ric-rac hoop by working it into one of your design stitches pinning it to the back. After the stitches are complete, you can stitch a rectangle of vinyl to the top for your photo. This was made to hold a wallet size photo. It's important to make the rectangle slightly bigger than the photo so that there's room to stitch. Stitch around three sides leaving the top open to slip your photo in. After the photo is in you can either stitch the top closed or leave it open so you can change the photo each year. I won't reveal the top secret photo I'm using as I don't want to totally ruin the surprise.

I feel silly how hyped up I get about the holidays, but I just want to make everything as magical for Oona as I remember it when I was a kid, and I'm excited to forge our own traditions too!

Comments

Jenna said…
I think its wonderful you want to make those moments and holidays magical. Now is your time to do so, to set up that foundation for her future holiday traditions, etc. Its a very exciting time. See you soon!
Bonnie Wildwood said…
Can't wait for Easter this year! See you soon!

Popular Posts