Virgin of Guadalupe Pillowcases

I made these Guadalupe pillowcases for my mother-in-law's birthday recently. They're folded in the photo above. She collects Guadalupe's so when I saw this fabric I knew it would be perfect for her. I had originally intended on making oven mitts with it, but Virgin Mary was way bigger than expected, so I needed to make something where large chunks of the fabric remained intact.


I made the pillowcases with an overlapping back flap, so the pillowcases would stay on better. I also used a french seam so that they won't fray on the inside when they get washed. It reminds me that I should make a new set for us soon. It will be fun to make some for Oona when she's in a big girl bed.

Comments

Jenna said…
I know you have my address to send me my set. haha!!!! in love with these!
Bonnie Wildwood said…
Haha, I would, but I only have a little bit of fabric left over.

Popular Posts