Friday Favorites: Happy Valentine's Day and Lunar New Year




Books: Bringing in the New Year by Grace Lin and Love Is by Diane Adams and Illustrated by Claire Keane (Happy Valentine's Day and Chinese/Lunar New Year!)
Tutorial: Knit Tutorial with Rhyme
 Purl Tutorial with Rhyme
I've wanted to learn to knit for years. I've attempted a few times, but it didn't stick.  I have one set of wooden knitting needles sitting dusty in my craft room that always look at me with judging eyes. I just came across these videos with lovely kids rhymes and suddenly it all seems possible. So I guess I'll give it another go and maybe you will too!
Podcast Episode: Love to Sew: Episode 25 Sewing As Therapy
Watching: "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" (on Netflix)... pretty ridiculous, but it's a short thing to watch with your sweetheart when your tired and just need a laugh.
Kid Quote of the Week: "I want you to build me a balcony. When it's warm outside, I'll go out and say 'Ah, the fresh summer!'"
(Too bad that would be a real pain in the butt to shovel with all the snow we get in the north country.)


(Featuring five favorites every Friday. If you'd like to do the same, I'd love a shout out on your blog and feel free to leave a link in the comments!)




Comments

Jenna said…
Love this new series you are doing! We had been watching comedians in cars getting coffee. Still reading Seraphine. Going between that and a biography of the Kennedy women
Bonnie Wildwood said…
Hi Jenna! Glad you're liking it. It's fun for me so I'll probably keep doing it.

Popular Posts