Hard Working Elves


 Suddenly it's December and those good little elves need to step up the pace a bit to get everything done in time for Christmas. My, I do feel sorry for how hard those elves must work! Even though it's hard to overcome the stress of the season , I'm trying hard to slow things down a bit this year, and keep things simple. Ha! I wish I was better at this. I'm learning, and trying to resist the urge to do too much for my kiddos.

I had my first holiday show this past weekend, and many of my star and gnome babies found new homes. I don't do shows often, but it's nice to connect with customers and see what items really resonate. I'm hoping to do another batch of star and gnome babies before the holidays... maybe some with darker skin tones too, as it would be nice to have some diversity.


 I don't have a picture of my mom at the fair, but she was a great help to me. It's nice to have back up to make a pee run, go check out other booths, and to buy you a cookie. Thanks Mom!


 I was able to pick up more wool roving for needle felting. I have many holiday plans for needle felting. The photo below is of some leg warmers for Miss Oona. Besides the fact that there's always the risk of stabbing yourself with a very sharp needle, it's very relaxing. It's also a very freeing medium as an artist because it forces you to simplify... big puffy flowers... yes please. Anyone have any exciting handmade plans for the holidays? I wish I could share more here, but it's very top secret, of course.


Joining in with KCCO over at Frontier Dreams.

Comments

I love the leg warmers! I really want to try felting, it looks so satisfying.
Bonnie Wildwood said…
Needle felting is a lot of fun and doesn't require a lot to get started.

Popular Posts