Kitty Cats, Polka Dots and Pockets


Sometimes it's hard to get an idea out of your head, even after the time for doing has past. I've had this kitty cat fabric for a while now with the intention of making a dress for one of the girls. Oona had a small kitty cat tea party for her birthday last December and I had intended to use this fabric for her, but she opted for a very pink princess dress instead. Then Elsa's birthday drew near, and I thought, "Perfect! or rather "Purr-fect!" because Elsa is even more kitty crazy than her sister. But as life would have it, there was flu and long, tired days. We missed our favorite May Pole festival, and so the girl's just wore their costumes from that on Elsa's birthday. All's well that ends well, but I still had this adorable kitty fabric, and no official birthday dress. I know Elsa wouldn't care, but it still bothered me.  So I used one of my go-to easy dress patterns, Simplicity 2019, and came up with this. The polka dot pockets were a last minute decision, as I knew they'd be a selling point for whether my choosey toddler actually wore the dress. Pocket dresses are a wonder. I'm not sure how I feel about them now that they're on, but I know they'll be filled with all manner of goodness. The skirt part of the dress has been simplified from the original pattern because I didn't have enough yardage to do the layers. I'm glad I finally dove in made something with this fabric, as it has been taunting me from the fabric cupboard for far too long.


Joining in with KCCO over at Frontier Dreams.

Comments

Kim Goodling said…
Such a sweet dress!
FrontierDreams said…
That dress is adorable! I love the pockets you added, too.

Popular Posts