Tanglewood



 

For Mother's Day Jake bought me a beautifully illustrated vintage book, "Tanglewood Tales" by Nathaniel Hawthorn.  The stories are all Greek myths with incredible color illustrations by Virginia Frances Sterrett. I'd never heard of her before, but she apparently also illustrated "Old French Fairy Tales" and "The Arabian Nights" before passing away at a young age. Her work reminds me of another favorite illustrator of the time, Kay Nielsen. We started to read one tale as a family, but I think perhaps they're a little beyond a four year old's attention span, haha. I'm looking forward to diving in on my own and relearning my Greek mythology as it's been quite sometime.

On the crochet hook is a pretty little something in dried cranberry. It's a secret year long project I've embarked on that will take me through a rainbow of colors (if I get that far). I'll have to put it aside soon to begin some baby projects for new babies on the way (not my own, I assure you). I have to admit I've just been searching Ravelry for a summer cardigan pattern for myself... not sure which will take priority, but likely the baby gifts.

And how lucky am I, I also got a rainbow for Mother's Day, not to mention some awesome kid artwork.

Comments

Unknown said…
That book looks really interesting! A rainbow for mother's day - yep, can't do better than that. Good luck with the baby knitting/crochet!

Popular Posts