How does your Garden Grow?

Granny stripe crochet head warmers made from Peruvian wool.

Why am I still crocheting winter wear? Maybe it's the piles of snow outside the window that keeps me thinking we've got a ways to go before we're through with Jack Frost. I think it's about three more months before were out from under the Snow Queen's spell here in VT... ok, maybe not quite that long, but you never know here. 

Still the same, I am fantasizing about the garden on a regular basis. I'm thinking I need to go a little "outside the box" this year on the garden front... yes, no corners at all... how about a circle? I'd love to have a mandala garden... maybe with a bench in the very center... ah, daydreams. We'll see. I've been doing some research on permaculture, and while I don't know if I'm ready to create a full permaculture system, I think it would be nice to do away with the rows and have a garden that flows and works as symbiotically as possible. Yes, indeed, grand ideas from the girl whose garden last year was a total disaster. I've got a few seeds started and I'm planning to get the rest going this weekend. Anyone have any great recommendations for gardening books or gardening blogs/websites? I need to start some garden sketches soon if I'm going to go through with this grand plan. More on that soon.

Comments

Popular Posts