Granny Stripes for Little Sister


My beautiful soft cotton yarn came this week, and I began a blanket for my sweet little May flower. I'm using a basic granny stripe pattern. I forgot how much I love crocheting in simple rhythmic patterns like this. It's so meditative. I could do it for hours if my hands would let me. The colors warm me, and I can't wait to snuggle my little one in it. This is actually my first project for the new baby. There have been so many new babies to welcome to the world of late, that I've been waiting patiently to start anything for our own little one.

Working on this blanket makes me feel closer to my little womb child. Being pregnant with a second child has been a much different experience then being pregnant with the first. You find yourself so distracted with the child on the outside world, that it is only in the really quiet moments of the day that I can pause enough to say hello to my little one on the inside. Oona makes sure to show baby lots of love as "big sister." Sometimes I imagine they can even communicate with each other on some level. I'm glad she is able to give baby a little attention, but I'm hoping to be able to give baby a little more attention myself before she arrives!

 

P.S. I did manage to whip myself up a new crochet hook holder like these ones I made for Christmas. It's so nice to have handmade items that you get to use all the time!

Comments

Popular Posts