Welcome December


(from my 2012 Rock Art Calendar by Bonnie Wildwood)

Hello December! I'm a bit late in welcoming you, but that's because you're such a busy month. I look forward to you all year, but then when you're here it always feels so hurried. I'm glad we've had some wintery dustings and the Christmas tree is in place to make it feel like the season. I need a good cup of hot chocolate or some mandarin orange tea to let that warmth of the season trickle down inside me.

I wish the creative energy I feel this time of year could last through the year, but I'm glad the stress does not. I know that simpler expectations for the holidays are required of me, but I can't seem to set the necessary limits. Next year, with two babes, I know that I'm going to need to change some things about the way I give gifts. It's hard to set boundaries with those you love, especially if you suspect they won't listen to you when you tell them not to get you anything or to get you very little. My baby step is that this year Jake and I have invested in a camera and that will be the extent of our gift giving to each other. (It's a pretty good gift, anyway, but we often find it hard to resist picking up little extras.)

 I'm a bit under the weather right now, so I'm sure that's only making the pressure seem worse.

Some warmer thoughts for this chilly month:
- Jake's Dad is flying in from New Mexico today for a visit.
- I'm looking forward to a couple local holiday parties coming up.
- We'll have an ultra sound this month, and hopefully will find out the sex of the baby!

Comments

Popular Posts