Spring in Winter




The tea kettles on and the powdered sugar is still falling outside. There's pizza dough rising on the warm top of the pellet stove, and a pile of snowy clothes hanging nearby to dry. I haven't been watching the weather and was surprised to get the automated call from the school this morning announcing yet another snow day. I really do enjoy snow days, perhaps even a little more than my kids who are still at that age when school is mostly just fun and play, but I'm definitely yearning for my garden and being able to run outside without having to get the kids dressed in a million things. So as the snow piled up this morning, I brought a little Spring to our family store.  The store will be ten years old this March, and it certainly a little Spring awakening for it's birthday. I found a wonderful fallen branch while at the park with the girls that begged for something to be hung from it. Origami butterflies seemed to be just what it was calling out for. I've also been adding my latest felt creations. I do so love those sister bunnies above, that will surely help me hop a little more swiftly into Spring time.


Joining in with KCCO over at Frontier Dreams .

Comments

Popular Posts