The New Blue


 Hello! That beautiful Fall chill has crept into the air and warm wooly things are becoming a must. The blue tweed hat pictured above was a birthday gift for Jake this year. It was my first adult size crochet hat, and I think it came out not half bad, if I do say so myself. The little flexes of white remind me of constellations. (I have to post the beautiful hats my friend Karen made for me and Oona soon. They have also been getting a lot of wear of late!)

Also in blue, as I mentioned, is our new blue porch. Both the store and house side of our building have been painted now. We're enjoying drinking afternoon coffee and playing tunes outside on these sweet breezy days. There's Dada below with our littlest playing a bit of mandolin.


 I  love how vibrant the blue paint is and that anything we put on it instantly pops out.


 The zinnias and sunflowers look particularly luscious next the blue. And I know all the Fall leaves on the mountain will be a wonderful contrast.


Tomorrow I'll be back to share some photos from our weekend. Jake's grandparents and relatives were all up for a family reunion at the farm house here where we got married nearly four years ago this month. It was a lot of fun, but I'll share more about it on Thursday. Until then, I'll be sitting on the porch, enjoying these last days of mild weather before the deep winter cold hits.

Comments

Popular Posts