Needle felted Soap



Yesterday I found a little time while Oona was napping to needle felt some soap. This was suppose to be a Christmas project, but turned into an Easter project for lack of time. I used the lovely wool that I get at our local farmer's market and the soap is VT Soap Company organic bars in various scents.



Here are a few good links on the process:

Little Birdie Secrets Wool Felted Soap

Frugal Kiwi's Hand Felted Soap

I found the bamboo mat method worked pretty good for agitation... I also tried to do the panty hose method, but found that a little harder to keep the designs nice, so I switched back to doing it without. Happy weekend!

Comments

Karen said…
i've been wanting to do felting! this would make for great christmas presents with knitted dishcloths. thanks for the idea! i was at a fiber festival today and saw some felted soaps that were beautiful!

Popular Posts