Soil on Hands

Snow is falling down down down on our little northern village. It seems sometimes all you can think of in these winter months as it blankets our world. But I must admit thoughts of gardening, soil on my hands, standing by the river, feet on the grass, hanging clothes in the sunshine have already started creeping into my head. Winter is beautiful here, but I've never appreciated Spring so much in my life. To see the grass again is a wonderous sight.



The store is closed because the white stuff is shutting everyone in their little houses. Maybe I'll bake some bread or work on Valentine's today or paint for a while. Yes, it's definitely a good day to paint. I'll say this for winter, it's definitely the best time to daydream about sunshine and trees and all the beauties of Spring hidden beneath the frozen world.

Comments

Popular Posts