In the Garden: Opening Weekend















Hurray for gardening weather! I was so excited to start digging in the soil this weekend and today, and so thankful for beautiful weather. The first daffodils opened in a full chorus of singing flowers. Spring is like Christmas to me... always something new opening up, and something new to plant. I'm so glad I got some of the early starters in the ground, as well as the children's garden started. I planted broccoli, lettuce, spinach and cabbage in the big garden and we planted , snap peas, radishes and carrots in the kid's garden. New to me, I also planted bok choy and beets. I'm planning on using the beets exclusively for dying because I don't really care for the taste. I'm hopeful to start a small dye garden this year so I can experiment with dying fabric and yarn. I have no idea if I like bok choy, but our library gave out free seed packets this year, and it seemed worth a try. I still have a few more things to start this week, and some new patches to prepare. I've also got seedlings going indoors and more to start. I'm struggling with egg plant and onions seedlings, once again, despite buying a grow mat, and might resort to buying starters again this year. My friend recommended making a kelp meal spray, and that has been helpful. Anyone else doing a garden this year? I plan on sharing regular updates this year, too, and please feel free to share your garden updates in the comments. I love to see what other people are growing.

Comments

Popular Posts