Peaceful Moments


I'm experiencing a bit of insomnia right now. Usually I'm out cold after I fall asleep, but I think some chocolate chip cookies before bed might be the culprit. My mind keeps going through the steps of sewing projects, things that need to be cleaned, gardening tasks, things I don't want to forget in the morning. I've tried counting to put myself back to sleep, but no matter how high I count, I keep ending up back at "56". So, maybe it's time to make a list. I've been thinking it would be nice to end the week thinking of peaceful moments from the day to day to remind myself amidst the chaos there is also quiet.

Peaceful Moments:
- Eating veggie sushi (made by Jake) on the porch with the family
- Gardening in the evening to the sounds of owls and coyotes (I think?)
- Eating popcorn and watermelon with a mama friend and our kiddos
- Reading to my babies on the floor
- Standing in the shower
- Watching my littlest baby sleep on her daddies shoulder
- Watching "Miss Fisher" mysteries with Jake
- Reading Mary Oliver while nursing Elsa
- Picking fresh lilacs for the kitchen table
- Finding the latest issue of "Taproots" in the mail today
- Devouring chocolate chip cookies before bed
 

Comments

Popular Posts