Rock Paper Scissors Year


("Northern Lights")

Happy New Year! Welcome January! This rock above is part of a calendar I made for Christmas for family and friends. I painted twelve rocks for each month of the year and photographed them (Jake helped with that part). Then I had them printed as a calendar. I thought about sharing them all at once, but decided it would be more fun to post them each month for their respective months. Above is January entitled "Northern Lights". I thought this one fit because I always think of the New Year as a sort of an explosion of color with fresh ideas and new beginnings. With the holiday rush over, I feel the urge to start new creative projects and rejuvenate old ones. I'm not holding myself to high expectations this year with a one year old running around. I'm sure I'll only find time for about a quarter of all I intend. But it does help me to make a list and see how high the mountain is before I begin the climb. So, without further dilly-dallying, here are some of my goals for the new year.

2012 List of Good Intentions:
- Paint more! (I'm hoping to do one painting or drawing a week)
- Sew more clothing for myself and Oona and possibly for the shop
- Make felt jewelry
- Make felt art and fabric art or multi-media creations
- Create new eye pillow designs (I have a few ideas already)
- Get Oona on a better sleeping schedule (right now she's a night owl and mama is whooped!)
- Buy less!
- Clean out some of the useless junk we've been storing for no good reason... a trip to the thrift store is in order.
- Eat less sugar!
- Be a better mama.... which means getting more sleep and laughing and playing more!
- Be a better spouse... which means putting the shoe on the other foot from time to to time
- Practice my neglected ukulele
- Participate in at least one art show
- Take more nature walks
- Meditate
- Get an art website up again
- Grow an awesome garden even bigger than last years!
- Cook healthier meals... less cheese and carbs.... more veggies
- Get my Etsy shop more active... updating more often, more new products, and hopefully selling more
- Surrendering when I just can't do any of this!

Comments

Karen said…
i love these, bonnie!

Popular Posts