Fresh Bagels

Our fridge is looking rather bare since the plague hit so I've been improvising to put off the inevitable grocery trip over the snowy mountain. Despite my stuffed up head I've really risen to the challenge of limited supplies. Flour, salt, a little sugar (or honey) and some olive oil and you've got yourself a bagel! Voila! Also, not to pat myself on the back too much, but they're delicious! I used sesame seeds on top because I happened to have some in the cabinet. It's odd the things you're left with when your cupboards are near empty.

For lunch.... some delicious carrot ginger soup... for dinner... some lemon lentils with rice. It feels like the master chef challenge. This is surely using up the last of our reserves. Leaving the house will be necessary come tomorrow... well, I suppose we can make do with left overs and bagels if we really need to.

Oh, here is the recipe for bagels. They're really not hard at all! (Just slightly time consuming) I better go check on that soup!

Comments

Jenna said…
looks delicious! Will have to try the recipe! You are totally doing an episode of chopped with the food in your fridge.

Talk to you soon!!
Bonnie Wildwood said…
Haha. Chef Bonnie performs magic with a near empty fridge! They're so good... makes 8 bagels... Definitely try them. If you add toppings, make sure you put them on right after you take them out of the boiling water so it has something to stick to.
Jenna said…
Thanks for the tip- btw- where did you get that adorable teapot??
Bonnie Wildwood said…
modcloth... isn't it great! foxes, yes indeed!
I'm buying yeast today so I can make those bagels! I'm so glad you posted that recipe. I just love bagels, but am always annoyed by their cost. Sometimes I end up buying the store brands, but they just aren't that good, and have gross things like "artificial blueberries." blech!

Popular Posts