Tedious

Jake and I have been feeling a bit flu-like since we got back from the trip. But with some serious laziness and serious dorkiness watching hours of Star Trek Next Generation, I think we're on the mend. Jake's out this evening working on a play/musical thing with some folks from town that asked him to help write music for it. I'm home with some scalloped sweet potatoes thinking of tedious things to do. I don't know why they have to be tedious, but that seems to be all I can think to do when I'm home alone... you know, things like the dishes, hunting dust balls, folding socks, switching things from one container to another, reaching into the darker realms of the refrigerator... sometimes I enjoy these things more than I should.

I'm hoping next week I can hop back into a normal routine. It's almost farmer's market time of year and I'd like to get some new crafts started for it and also do some sketching. I'm getting impatient to get the whole garden planted, but some things have to wait until June 1st here or they're liable to get taken out by frost. It's been rather nice here, though, and I don't think we have to worry about any mid-May snow storms this year.

Back to tedium!

Comments

Popular Posts