End of Summer Celebration

Time seems to escape me so quickly here... if it weren't for paying bills and the changing seasons, I'd have no sense of time at all. I'm sorry the posts have been so spotty. I intend to post more regularly, but life has been demanding of late. It's also been fun (I don't want to forget that!).

The beginning of September kicked off with a hike to the top of the Horrid Cliffs and our much anticipated birthday trip to Montreal. We tried to take in as much as possible in the course of one day by visiting the Old Town and the Botanical Gardens. It was really a wonderful trip... so much to see and better said in pictures...




You can see more of our adventure here. We ended the day with Indian food in Burlington. Oh yes, I do get excited about Indian food.

Then it was day spend in Brandon taking in the little shops and an even at the State Fair to see the Royal Racing Pigs that my dad had been talking about since the beginning of the summer. And it didn't disappoint. I haven't been to a state fair since I was a kid, and it's quite the spectacle. The pig races were pretty excellent. But this time around, what I really appreciated seeing were the crafts and the animals and not so much the rides as I did when I was a kid. Of course, we did make sure to have a ride on the merry-go-round for old times sake.


Jake's actual birthday on the fourth was quite peaceful and low key after all the excitement of the week. I hope he had a nice day. It's still his birthday month, so I'm sure we can squeeze in more fun.

I think this three day celebration was a good way to say goodbye to summer. It's not quite Fall, but my thoughts have already floated away with the Autumn breezes and the changing colors and growing pumpkins in our garden.

I'll write more soon about recent craft projects and other things afoot. I can't squeeze it all into one post without missing out on the beautiful day that is before us...

Comments

Popular Posts