Stitch Story: Wolves in Love


Awoooo! Inspired by two coywolves Jake spotted by the compost one evening, we decide to be wolves for Halloween. We originally were going to be coywolves, but I didn't have the right sweater material to up-cycle so went with regular wolves. Honestly, they look quite similar. Of course, this idea came to us the morning of Halloween, so we had to scramble to get them done.


That didn't stop us from making this project overly involved. We wanted the masks to sit on top of our heads because Jake wears glasses and wearing regular masks is annoying. So he built wire frames and I hand sewed recycled sweater material on top. I was hand sewing right up until the time we left to trick-or-treat. It was a bit rainy out, so for all the work we put in, we probably looked like a soppy mess, but I think the joy was in making them. Or that's what I'm telling myself.

This little wolf was made earlier in October. I guess I have wolves on my mind. Sometimes this homemade life we are living together in this rural town can make me feel like the lone wolf, but then I remember that yes, there is a "we"... a whole pack.






Photo Credit Jake Wildwood

Comments

Jake Wildwood said…
Thank you so, so, so much for making these turn-out real, lady-love. :)

Popular Posts