Stopping to Smell the Mint










Hello all! Happy Belated Mother's Day to the hard-working, amazing Mama's out there. I'm so grateful for the powerful women role-models I've had in my life, including my mother, mother-in-law and grandmothers. Celebrate the nurturers in your life whenever you can! They deserve all the hugs and kisses and handfuls of dandelions you can give.

My family spoiled me with some beautiful handmade cards, paintings and pottery, earrings from my love and letting me go crazy buying beautiful new plant pots. I also got to spend the day with my own mom and dad on a beautiful hike by a waterfall. It was a very nice day, and I know I'm a lucky gal to have two beautiful children who are so good to me.

But beyond that nice little break, I feel like I have not been able to slow down for far too long. The end of the school year has been so busy with softball games, girl scouts (I'm a leader), organizing events for the PTO, as well as trying to work on my business and my garden. Today I am trying to soak in the sunshine, pick some flowers, and recharge. I am truly looking forward to the end of the school year when I can let go of some of the "have to" and do a little more on the "want to" list.  Right now I have a cup of mint and lemon balm tea ready to be sipped and some new fairy kitties waiting to be sewn. The farmer's market is just around the corner and so is summer swimming.


Joining in with KCCO over at Frontier Dreams .

Comments

Popular Posts