Rainbows and Sparkles



The cold has been so bitter here that I thought I needed to share something warm and cheery so my computer screen doesn't freeze! I made this little rainbow baby and magic wand for a little friend of ours who just turned two. Two is indeed a magical, rainbow filled age. Elsa won't be two until May but she is already preparing by drawing all over everything every chance she gets. She is also practicing her foot stomping. She recently turned the face of one of Oona's little flax seed babies blue with marker and decorated our kid's kitchen set at the same time. Luckily some quick washing saved little Boo Boo from a permanently blue face. Thank goodness for washable markers! I've really been enjoying doll making of late, and I'm hoping to make some bigger Waldorf style dollies for my shop soon, but I'm still sourcing more supplies. The little rainbow baby is made from recycled sweaters and stuffed with a wee bit of wool.

A few cute things...

1) Elsa has these sparkly pink shoes that she has been wearing all the time and when she wants to put them on she says "bark-a-ly" ... I always think she's trying to say "broccoli" and I get really confused.
2) Oona has been wearing two braids in her hair lately, and it just makes me think of "Anne of Green Gables" and "Little House of the Prairie" and fields of flowers.
3) Banjo has become quite the lap kitten in this bitter cold... she's so warm and cozy.

A few not-so-cute things:

1) Kazoo thinks he is a minx scarf and flings himself without warning onto your shoulders. I'm just glad he hasn't tried this on the kids.
2)The pipes seem to be freezing everyday despite dripping the faucets.
3) Waking up every morning to negative ten or colder for the last couple months. It's not fair when thirty degrees feels like summer.


Joining in with KCCO over at Frontier Dreams.

Comments

Auntie Creates said…
I love your rainbow baby! I am with you on wishing for warmer temps. Last week I was pleased that it was warming up. Turns out my heat wave was -20. It was still and sunny so it felt nice.
Mlissabeth said…
Cute little rainbow baby and wand. I love repurposing things.
Mlissabeth said…
Cute little rainbow baby and wand. I love repurposing things.
Anonymous said…
What sweet treasures you have made! Yes, this cold weather does make 30-degree days seem warmish. Spring soon!
DaffodilAngel said…
Greetings from down-under. Absolutely love the rainbow baby - would like to either make one or buy one for myself.

Popular Posts