Easter Weekend


We spent our Easter this year in CT with family. I wish Easter was in late April every year. The weather was so perfect, and we got some much needed time sitting outside, sitting in boats and on blankets found at the flea market Easter morning.


Spring comes a little earlier in CT than in the north land, but it gives me hope of what's to come. Oh, and I want to steal my sister's magnolia tree! In another week those little paint brushes will be covered in magenta blossoms. It's a great tree for sitting under and making a secret world.  My sweet nephew will have so much fun under this tree.


 It's so great to see my nephew and Elsa together... babies that are so different and so the same! I love watching them start to interact more.


Minutes before we left for CT, I finished some Easter jammies for the girls... a night gown for my big girl and a tee and baggy reversible pants for the little toddle. They wore them on the car ride home, and then well into Easter day before they finally put on their official Easter dresses.  You can see them wearing them above just chillin' in the magnolia tree together. I am very tempted to make myself a night gown with the same fabric for Mother's Day!


There were a lot of pink and purple eggs this year at our first round of egg decorating. We all learned a valuable lesson about washable crayons and Easter egg dying, and also about not running over Easter eggs with the car (eh-hem, Uncle Matt...).



Here's Oona on her one girl Easter egg hunt, finally out of her pjs! She found them all, minus the one the car smashed up and the other one that someone snacked on.


And here's our second round of egg dying, with some brown and white eggs used to mix things up a bit. This time more of a rainbow, including some sinister black ones.


And today, after all that sunshine and Vitamin D, it's dreary and cold again, and I am day dreaming about our next Spring festivity... a May day parade which comes right before my darlin' babies first birthday. There will be costumes and wands and so much more to craft!

Comments

Popular Posts