Quiet Moment


It's one of those all too rare quiet moments. I know that any second it will be disrupted by a baby scream or a voice from downstairs, but while there's a second to hear my own thoughts, I'm going to write. I think I've been in a constant state of "doing" for too long now. It's often good to be "doing", but sometimes your mind and body need a break. The sad part is, I don't even know what I've been "doing". It's like I've been walking this up and down road not even knowing where I'm going... getting to the "up" part and realizing I have to go down again, getting to the "down" part and realizing I need to go up again. And what I want to do right now is just stop moving. Perhaps sigh a little. Perhaps breathe a bit. Perhaps hear a thought in that old cobwebbed filled brain of mine. Things aren't bad, don't get me wrong, I am just a bit burnt out at the moment. Maybe too much sun, maybe too many weeds in the garden and not enough sustenance growing (literally and figuratively). I'll figure it out. Keep on digging. Or maybe just get a good nights rest.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's a challenge to not lose oneself when life becomes busy. You need some time to focus on something for you. I can come take that baby off your hands...ha ha love you, Mom

Popular Posts