Little Mexican Dress



I just finished this little dress for the babe yesterday. It should have only taken a couple hours, but somehow it took a week.... The best part about this project, besides that it's going to be adorable on her, is that it forced me to figure out how to use the one-step button hole maker on my sewing machine. "One-step" should mean super easy, but it doesn't! It took a lot of adjusting different settings to get it to work right. I must have done about a hundred practice button holes before doing the real thing. It's suppose to fit from 6-18 months, but I think it will fit her now, at 3 months. Oona does not play by the rules when it comes to baby sizes. I think it might be her Easter dress if it still fits then if it's warm enough to wear it.

The pattern is by "Folkwear" and it came in a set of traditional ethnic clothes patterns from around the world. The fabric is by Amy Butler. I love the aqua blue and pink together. Ok, got lots more to sew before she grows out of it!

Comments

Popular Posts