Getting Ready for the Easter Bunny



I completed this fabric Easter basket for Miss Oona the other day. It's definitely a bit bigger than I intended. I'm afraid it might be a challenge for the Easter bunny to fill it, but we'll see. Each corner is held together with ribbons that can be undone and it then lays flat for storage and washing. It forms an octagon when it lies flat. Here's a similar pattern I found on the web...fabric box ... but mine has ribbons that were added before the octagon was sewn together, where as this one is sewn together after the fact (my box measures 10" at the base and 4 inches high). It would also work a rectangle.

I'm still trying to think of what Easter traditions we might have. Anyone have any unique Easter celebration ideas? There will of course be egg dying and the great hunt. I've been thinking about making some of my own chocolates... probably not this year because Oona won't be able to enjoy it, and mama doesn't need to gain anymore weight as I still have plenty of extra pounds post-pregnancy. But here were a few awesome sounding recipes that I'm torturing myself with...


Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
!

and Homemade Cadbury Creme Eggs!

And for good measure, here's a picture of our little bunny with her little bunny, "Dutch". She's sporting a totally thrifted outfit... some too cute overalls with a little floral blouse... Farmer Oona is ready for the Spring and so is her mama!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oona sure is sweet! Love the outfit too. Hmmm, how to fill the basket. Maybe some baby alphabet blocks and something to shake rattle or roll!
Jenna said…
Hmm trying to think of Easter traditions you could start. Maybe pick a story or a movie that you always watch or read every year? You can also start making certain foods traditions as well, that become a tradition making them each year. When Oona is big enough (which may be sooner than we think!) she can help!
Bonnie Wildwood said…
Thanks for the suggestions Jenna! I already know one story we will definitely be reading about a bunny. And I like your ideas too "anonymous" mom!

Popular Posts