Snowy Blanket






 
 Our world is being covered in a white woolly blanket of snow today. There's been playing and painting and reading from our favorite chapter book at the moment, "The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There"... long title, but great book. It's the second book in a series of fairyland books. It's definitely a unique look at fairyland and it's many layers with so many interesting inhabitants and a wyvern sidekick.  I have a feeling we will be reading all of the books in the series through out the year. 

This wintry weather has me thinking about crochet again. I kept waffling about what project I wanted to start and finally remembered the hole in a favorite knit blanket gifted to us for our wedding long ago. The girls had decided run around the house wearing it as a cloak  and managed to snag it on something. The little hole has slowly grown, and I was finally able to give it a little attention before the whole thing unraveled. As I don't yet knit or possess any of the original yarn, I decided to make a crochet patch. I made it from a pattern in "Mandalas to Crochet". It's not perfect as there was definitely some material lost that tugs at it, but much better than just some ugly stitches. 

 It looks like the snow will continue through tomorrow, so I think it's time to get some more yarn on the hook.  


Joining in with KCCO over at Frontier Dreams .
 
 

Comments

Shannon Meyer said…
I love the patch you created for your blanket!! That is a great way to fix it up!! No snow here - thank goodness, hope you stay warm where you are!!

Popular Posts