Happy New Year

Large patch made by "The Far Woods" with border and loops added by me!


















 


I'm off to a slow start, I guess... welcome 2017! I'm still a little shell shocked from 2016... loss seemed to be a regular occurrence, both in my personal life and the wider world. In our own little family we had to say goodbye to our sweet cat Banjo far too soon and in a very heartbreaking way. But with pain comes awakening. Life is short, precious, risky, but amazing, even when it ends too soon. There are still gardens to grow, things to sew, little ones to laugh with, friends to call and letters to write.

There are so many things I'd like to promise myself to do this year, but  I'm going to take it one day at a time. I'm going to go slow. I'm shooting for slow parenting... slow making... slow cooking and slow, but mindful living. Mostly I want to try to stay connected to the people I love and the outside world. I'd like to turn off the news, but I think it's important to pay attention. I believe in protecting our planet and human rights, and I'm afraid of what I see and hear. Yet, when I look around, I know there are so many sweet, kindhearted people trying to live the best they can that I will try not to let the dark forces bring me down. I hope this is a year filled with creations, a year filled with growth, and a year filled with joy and connection. What are your hopes for the New Year?


Comments

Popular Posts