Green Mountain Time

Well, friends, if it's not obvious by now, things get done around here "Green Mountain Time", which is to say, at their own pace or sometimes not at all. I've been drinking the same cup of tea for three and a half hours now, a sip here, a sip there, if you need an example. And I started some bread early this morning, that should be done tomorrow afternoon!

When I was a teenager, I had a pale yellow vintage t-shirt with brown letters that said "Vermont, Life in the Slow Lane". Of course, I didn't know at the time I'd end up here or how much I'd come to embrace that statement as an all around philosophy. It must be something in the water or the clean mountain air.

Anyways, all this to say, sorry for not being a better blogger! Sorry for not keeping with my garden! Sorry for not keeping up with the housework! Sorry for not keeping up with the Jones'! I guess that's because I don't know any Jones'!

I can't say quite say where the time has gone. Some of it (much of it!) to watching my little darlin' babe grow, wiping away tears and bits of apple from her face... she can pull herself up to standing now, ya know? (I call it the "head bumping stage".) Some of it has gone to reading a very good fantasy/sci-fi book out loud with Jake in the evenings, called "The Dream of Perpetual Motion". Some of it has gone to cooking fantastic lunches and dinners with some yummy treats from the garden. Some of it has gone to splashing around in the river, hanging laundry in the sunshine, and taking walks in the neighborhood. And of course, there has been a good deal of time spent tending the shop during the busy summer season when vacationers get to enjoy the beauty of our lovely state that we are lucky enough to enjoy the whole year through. But some of it has also gone to creating, which is one of my favorite things to do, aside from just being with my dear family.

So, what's new in the making world? These sweet little dresses, for one thing. I call them my "Sweet Little Day Dream" line.



I think I might keep the teal floral one for Miss Oona to wear to my friends wedding in a couple weeks.

I've also made more of these easy fold wallets and am currently working on a special present for that wedding I mentioned. I also have to get working on another special present for another special wedding in October.

So as always, much to do, much to have fun with, much to stress over, but I'll just have to get there Green Mountain Time!

P.S. New craft items will eventually make it to the Etsy shop, hopefully by next week.

P.P.S. Enjoy these last beautiful sunny days of summer!

Comments

Karen said…
i love this post, bonnie! that's pretty much the life i have in kentucky, too! btw ... tell jake that adam loves his mandolin!

Popular Posts